Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lazy Salsa

I LOVE fresh salsa but I hate to cut tomatoes. Of all the different things you can do when you cook... cutting tomatoes is what I dislikehg the most. I also only really enjoy fresh tomatoes that you get out of the garden. I do not buy tomatoes from the store very often and when I do, I am picky and stick to grape or roma tomatoes. So here is my quick (a.k.a lazy) salsa.

2 cans petite diced tomatoes drained really well
1/2 chopped red onion
1/4 of a chopped jalapeno (NO SEEDS... that is the heat)
1 chopped yellow or orange pepper
1 T minced garlic
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
The juice from 2 limes
1/2 T salt

Mix everything together. Let sit for 2-3 hours, then taste. If the flavor do not blend well, you may need more salt. Salt is a favor enhancer. You can add more or less of any of the above ingredients. I love fresh salsa with baked lays scoops or pita chips.... If you are feeling froggie, you could even use fresh tomatoes... I like salsa made from grape tomatoes the best!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm so glad you are blogging and I feel like I might actually learn how to cook a little also! I love you and your amazing heart for people!!