Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cooking and Blogging......

Well, here we go! I am not such the blogger. I enjoy reading other people's blog but I am not a writer. I would rather tell a story than write about it. I like the whole "blogging" world, though. Some leave long and detailed posts, some short thoughts, and some use links to direct you to something they have seen or found on the internet. I find each blog interesting. It allows you to get to know someone better by peeking into what they are thinking, struggling with, find humorous, or just share about their latest adventure. Each blog also contains glimpses of their "shape" or passion. What is my passion? I love to cook and serve people. I love to have friends over for dinner and allow them to be our guests in our home. Many of my friends are intimidated when they must cook for someone else. By using this blog, I would like to pass on some cooking ideas that may help one feel more comfortable cooking and invite someone over for dinner. This may also just give you an idea for your own creation. You can also give me ideas or ask about a recipe or idea.

Why do I cook? Both of my parents can cook rather well but neither of them prefer to cook. I would not say it is their "passion." My Dad has his special dishes and my mom likes to create different things out of the ordinary. I think I get my love for cooking and sharing meals from my grandma. My grandparent babysat me when I was younger while my mom and dad worked. My grandma made at least one big meal a day. Many of the people that I am close with now (including my husband) did not know my grandma then. For the last 10 years and until she past away in May, she was sick and very miserable. She was not able to do what she loves and her personality began to change. I choose not only remember her as she was the last 10 years, I remember my cooking buddy that I had for my first 16 years of my life. So back to that... She cooked BIG meals everyday. She always cooked like an army was coming over. It was a good thing, though. People knew that she cooked this way and would stop by to eat without a moments notice. She loved it when that would happen. The more people she had to cook for, the happier she was. Because I was around and apart of that, I think that is where I get my passion to cook for other people. So by doing this blog... I hope to honor her. Recipes soon to follow....

4 comments:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Awesome to have you in the blogging world!

And of course, if you ever need a guinea pig for some recipes, I'm ready and willing!! :)

Goldie

fish said...

Great start, crys, I never thought of myself as being amazing, but I'll take it. Wonderful tribute to your grandma, she would be very proud, as I am of you. Goldie, if your still reading you should try her Swiss Steak with her Pasta House type salad. Da'bomb!

Lov u
Your amazing father.

Crys said...

Poor little guinea pig!!

Dad- I will add those recipes soon.

Thanks guys!

Crys said...

Oh... and Dad, you do not have to sign everything "your amazing father," people may think it has gone to your head. :)