Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good Ol' Chicken Wings

So... usually I make many wings around Super Bowl time. Wade and I are wing eaters. At our wedding we had like 7 different kinds of wings. I know that may sound like a weird wedding food but... it was us. Anyone who knows Wade and I (and especially when we were dating) also knows that we stay pretty true to just being us. Wade was the one who changed out of his tux and into a Bovine City steak eating contest shirt right after picture and before we walking into the reception as husband and wife. Because it was VERY hot, all the grooms men did have my permission to change but I was a little surprise that Wade had a steak eating shirt on... but that is him. One thing that I can always say about Wade is that he is always himself, never fake or tries to act or be a certain way for someone else. But back to the wings.... This is my favorite hot wing recipe... it sounds complex and messy... but you will get the hang of it. They are always a favorite. Now... I will warn that they are not the healthliest but.... they will be yummy....

You first mix:

2 cups flour, 1 teas of each garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper.

I always put my raw wings in a bowl. I mix up 3 eggs and pour it over the wings. I just kinda toss the wings around to get them all eggy. I then dip each one in the flour mixture and drop them into hot oil for frying (I use canola but peanut oil is the best). You can tell in the oil is ready for frying by dropping in a pinch of the flour. If it sinks... not ready. If it bubbles, it is ready to go. Smoking oil is not good. You do not need to worry about cooking the wings all the way through because we will be cooking them again. You just fry them until they have that nice golden fried chicken look to them. Once you pull them out of the oil, I drain them on a plate with a paper towel. I then dip then in my hot sauce mixture. The hot sauce mixture is:

2 cups frank red hot wing sauce
1 stick REAL butter (anything but real butter will make it greasy)
1 teas garlic salt
The juice from 2 limes

After you dunk them I lay them single layers in a 13x9 sprayed with Pam. I then bake them at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

No comments: