Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cranberries

I know! I said I was going to do stuffing next! I will come back to that! One thing I have learned from a friend of mine, save the gravy for the potatoes and stuffing! For your turkey you need some cranberry sauce for your turkey. A couple of years ago we had Thanksgiving dinner the Fri after with them and some other friends / family. It was amazing. We had cranberry sauce with our turkey. That is when I was inspired to come up with my own unique sauce. It is very yummy to have on the side of turkey or when cold, spread on some toasted whole grain bread with turkey. That will be the best turkey sandwich you could have! Because I do not often say names on my blog (beside my husband / daughter... although I am sure this friend would not mind)... J and your mommy... this is for you guys... You know who you are!! ;) Here is the recipe... Why do canned when it is this easy....

1 bag of frozen cranberries
2 cups ginger ale
2 T. orange marmalade
1/3 cup brown sugar

Bring to a boil for 10 min. Turn down and simmer until cranberries are soft and liquid reduces and becomes thicker. I then mash it up with my Pampered Chef mix-n-chop (a potato masher will work) or in my magic bullet. You can also put this into a food processor or use a wand blender. It all depends on what consistency you want it. You are done!

You can freeze the left overs. It is great in baked beans or mixed in BBQ sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, YUMMY!!!! I remember that day! It was so fun! I am for sure making this for the holidays. Love ya! J and Mommy ;-)

Crys said...

Love you guys too!!!